Saturday 25 August 2012

It's been a wet and windy Saturday today and the ten Cosmopolitans, copious amounts of Long Island Ice Tea and the various bottles of vino flying around last night have left me feeling well and truly broken.

What could possibly put a smile on my face??

Meet Gwen.....

 
 
Gwen is my 9 week old African Pygmy Hedgehog.  When I tell people that I have a pet hedgehog, the main reaction I get is a look of confusion and a 'why?!'. 
 
As well as being incredibly cute to look at, Pygmy hedgehogs are so much fun and really loving pets. Gwen loves to play with her toys and it's funny to watch her pottering around. Their spikes are softer than normal hedgehogs which means you can handle them easily and without getting hurt!
 
How could you refuse to take this little face home :)  xx
 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. Omg, hes so cute, how did you go about getting him? Are they difficult to look after? xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so sweet hey :) Not at all! They like to be room tempertature so best to keep them indoors, clean them out once a week and that's it! They're nocturnal so naturally sleep during the day, unless you wake them up which is great if you have a 9 - 5 xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks for letting me! xoxo.

      Delete
  2. oh my gosh she is adorable! I would totally love her (him?... I'm assuming she's a girl because of the name Gwen). I would love a pet like this because my dog is out of control... I need one that is less maintenace for sure! By the way , totally love the word 'copious' and love you even more for using it! Just found your blog and have loved getting to know you better. I'm so excited to follow along!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey bonbon!

      Thanks so much for following!!

      Hedgehogs are definitely far less maintenance than dogs, get one get one! :) xx

      Delete