Tuesday 21 August 2012

I love love love travelling around and discovering new places. Unfortunately, most of the time i'm poor as a mouse so can't travel half as much as i'd like to.  However, pennies saved, I trotted off to Amsterdam for a long weekend with some friends in March.

I'd never been before and it was always one of those cities that I wanted to visit.  In my head, I had the somewhat stereotypical view that the only thing to experience in Dam are the renowned Coffee Shops (they are great fun and worth checking out by the way!)

I was honestly suprised at how much more Amsterdam had to offer. Stunning canal views, gorgeous little houses and absolutely fantastic pieces of street art work casually graffitied around the town really made this city shine for me. 

A restuarant/bar that I really recommend going to if you ever feel like visiting is a place called Supperclub.  It's a quirky & alternative restuarant that boasts beds and pillows as a substitute for tables and chairs. They also put on entertainment for you whilst you eat. It's a place that not everyone will enjoy.. let's just say you have to be quite open minded with regards to what you might be asked to eat and the decor won't be to everyones taste...but it's a must try while you're there! Plus the waiters are a great laugh and are extremely generous with the free drinks!

Here's some little photos from my trip....



Supperclub - one of the bed  'tables'

A goregous array of fans that I found in Amsterdams flower market. So pretty!



Street Graffitti on the canal wall - amazing!
While exploring the city on a pedalo (why not hey?) we came across this amazing piece of graffiti. It's even more amazing close up. So talented!






A gorgeous view of the canals that are constantly present in Amsterdam











One of the quirky dishes served in Supperclub. A prawn cocktail starter...






A trip to Amsterdam wouldn't be complete without seeing a clog or two...!


View of Dam Square. This square is always alive with performers and horse and carriage rides.

Bikes are everywhere in Dam - hiring one and riding around town exploring is a must :)












2 comments: